Lisboa (Portugal) 22 – 26 July 2019
DEADLINE FOR REGISTRATION EXTENDED: JUNE 12
Limited registrations: 20 participants
Learn about the latest developments on Epithelial Systems: Physiology and Pathophysiology and discuss your project with the experts
Participants will learn about the latest developments in Epithelial Systems: Physiology and Pathophysiology. Besides the opportunity to discuss their projects with the experts, participants will be able to acquire practical skills on:
- production, cultivation and characterization of epithelial cells
- collection of nasal cells
- cultivation of intestinal organoids
- functional approaches to assess CFTR
Margarida Amaral (UlLisboa) | Mike Gray (U Newcastle)
Jeff Beekman (U Utrecht) | Martin Hug (U Freiburg)
Karl Kunzelmann (U Regensburg)
Who should apply?
The workshop is directed at PhD Students, Post-Docs, Technicians and Independent Researchers.
Participants are expected to be acquainted with the basics on Cystic Fibrosis field.
The course is promoted by BioISI, as an initiative of the ECFS Basic Science Working Group.
Margarida Amaral (BioISI / FCUL)
Simão Luz (BioISI / FCUL)
Registration open until June 12 2019. Please fill and submit registration form HERE
In order to complete application send to ESP2019@fc.ul.pt :
- Motivation Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Support Letter
Fee: Free Registration (sponsored by ECFS)
Includes course materials and coffee breaks.
(Participants should arrange their own travel and accommodation. However, a few travel grants might be available. Check for more information below.)
For additional Information: ESP2019@fc.ul.pt
Travel grants supported by the Dutch Cystic Fibrosis Foundation (NCFS) for Dutch participants.
Travel Grants supported by the German CF patient organization, available for participants from Germany.
2 travel grants supported by the Belgian patient organization for participants from Belguium (400€ each)
- Personalized Therapies for Cystic Fibrosis: How to Rescue >2,000 Dysfunctional Channels?
- Culturing Respiratory Cells
- Physiology of Airway Epithelial Cells
- Ex Vivo and In Vivo Systems for Personalized Medicine
- Functional diagnosis of Cystic Fibrosis
- Organoids as Model Systems to Epithelia
- Physiology of Exocrine Pancreatic and Sweat Gland Epithelial Cells : focous on ion and fluid transport
- Physiology of Intestinal Epithelial Cells
- Electrophysiology techniques: from tissues to cells and single-molecules
- New aspects of epithelial physiology
Lab work and Tutorials
- Immunofluorescence of Epithelial Cells & Tissues
- Primary Cultures of Nasal Epithelial Cells by Conditional Reprogramming
- ASL Microscopy Measurements
- Isolation of Intestinal Organoids from Murine biopsies
- Culture of Human Intestinal Organoids and Forskolin Induced Assay
- Ussing Chamber Analysis of Murine Native Tissues and Polarized Epithelial Cells
Meet the Expert Sessions
Instructors will be available for informal discussions during the course with participants
To be announced soon