Welcome to BioSys 2 PhD Programme
The BioSys 2 – BIOLOGICAL SYSTEMS: AN INTEGRATIVE APPROACH PhD Programme (PhD in Biochemistry) is a multidisciplinary PhD Programme in the framework of the FCT PhD Programmes thought research units opened by the Portuguese Foundation for Science and Technology IP (FCT, IP).
BioSys2 is hosted by Universidade de Lisboa, through BioISI – Biosystems & Integrative Sciences institute, FCUL-Faculty of Sciences of University of Lisboa.
BioSys 2 programme was awarded with 8 PhD 4-year scholarships.
The main scientific area is Life & Health Sciences and the teaching/research topics have a major focus on Systems Biology; Omics approaches; Bioinformatics; Computational modelling; and Quantitative Biology.
2 positions are still available
The call is open until February 2nd, 2022
The applications, and all the supporting documents (please check supported documents) and the application form described in this Call for tender must be submitted via e-mail to email@example.com .
Application’s Admissibility Requirements:
It is mandatory, under penalty of non-admissibility to the Call, to enclose the following documents to the application:
• Elements of identity card/citizen card/passport;
• Applicant’s Curriculum vitae (CV), should provide the CV through the CIÊNCIAVITAE system ;
• Application form;
• Certificates of academic degrees held by the applicant, compulsorily specifying the final classification and, if possible, the classifications obtained in all subjects taken, or, in alternative, applicant’s declaration of honor, confirming that the bachelor’s or master’s degree was completed by the end of the application deadline;
• Record of recognition of academic degrees awarded by foreign higher education institutions and record of the conversion of the respective final classification to the Portuguese classification scale, or, alternatively, the applicant’s declaration of honor that he obtained recognition of the foreign degree equivalent to that of graduate or master by the end of the application period;
• Motivation letter (1 A4 page maximum);
• Recomendation letter (2);
• To submit the application and all related documents, including motivation and recommendation letters in English.
PhD fellowships are aimed to applicants enrolled or that comply with the requirements to enroll in the Doctoral Programme indicated in this call and who wish to carry out research towards the attainment of the Doctor degree at BioISI, or in host institutions associated with it.
Moreover to apply for the PhD Research Fellowship, it is necessary:
• To hold a Degree or Master’s degree in the areas of Biology, Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Computational Biology or related areas;
• To be a citizen permanently and usually living in Portugal, in case the work plan associated to the fellowship proceeds, entirely or partially, in foreign institutions (in case of both in Portugal and abroad fellowships); this requirement is applicable to both national and foreign citizens.
• Not to have benefited from a PhD or a PhD in industry fellowship directly funded by FCT, regardless of its duration.
• Not to hold a PhD degree.
PhD Project Proposals