Lisboa (Portugal) 23 – 27 July 2018
EXTENDED DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: 17 June 2018
Limited registrations: 16 participants
Learn about the latest developments on Epithelial Systems: Physiology and Pathophysiology and discuss your project with the experts
Participants will learn about the latest developments in Epithelial Systems: Physiology and Pathophysiology. Besides the opportunity to discuss their projects with the experts, participants will be able to acquire practical skills on:
- production, cultivation and characterization of epithelial cells
- collection of nasal cells
- cultivation of intestinal organoids
- functional approaches to assess CFTR
Who should apply?
The workshop is directed at PhD Students, Post-Docs, Technicians and Independent Researchers.
Participants are expected to be acquainted with the basics on Cystic Fibrosis field.
The course is promoted by BioISI, as an initiative of the ECFS Basic Science Working Group.
Margarida Amaral (BioISI / FCUL)
Simão Luz (BioISI / FCUL)
REGISTRARIONS NOW CLOSED
Fee: Free Registration (sponsored by ECFS)
Includes course materials and coffee breaks.
(Participants should arrange their own travel and accommodation. However, a few travel grants might be available. Check for more information below.)
For additional Information: ESP2018@fc.ul.pt
2 travel grants supported by the Dutch Cystic Fibrosis Foundation (NCFS) for Dutch participants.
Travel Grants supported by the German CF patient organization, available for participants from Germany.
2 travel grants supported by the Belgian patient organization for participants from Belguium (400€ each)
- Cell Culture of Epithelial Cells, Tissues and Organoids
- Polarized Cells: Characteristics & Pathways
- Cystic Fibrosis: a Disease of Multilpe Epithelial Tissues
- Physiology of Airway Surface Liquid
- Organoids as Model Systems to Epithelia
- Physiology of the Airway Epithelial Cells
- Physiology of the Intestinal Epithelial Cells
- Physiology of the Pancreas and Sweat Gland Electrophysiology techniques
Lab work and Tutorials
- Culture of Primary Human Nasal Cells
- Airway Surface Liquid Microscopy Measurements
- Culture of Intestinal Organoids
- Immunofluorescence of Epithelial Cells & Tissues
- Differentiation & Regeneration Assays
- Organoids Swelling Assay
- Ussing Chamber Analysis of Native Tissues and Polarized Epithelial Cells
Meet the Expert Sessions
Instructors will be available for informal discussions during the course with participants
Find provisional schedule here.